It’s been one of those weeks…
You know, when every 20 minutes there was another I-should-blog-that moment. And indeed, I would have posted more, had the luxury of time been afforded me.
Instead, I transformed the office into a recording studio/mastering suite and ran through life from summit to valley to next summit (every twenty minutes!) taking it all in faster than I could even journal about it.
Then yesterday afternoon it all came together.
I haven’t written a song in over a year… (Though I’ve half-written at least half a dozen)
And it wasn’t because I didn’t really want to. Just something would get me halfway through, and then drop me.
I got to the point where I was nearly convinced I’d written my last song.
Until this week.
Then I recognized a sweet little melody woven through everything…
– Through the boxes and boxes delivered by our friend the UPS man
– Through fists wrapped around a taught barbed wire while starring into the canyon, and talking to a God that’s a million lightyears away, and still within easy reach.
– Through middle-of-the-night prayers for a friend’s safety
– Through reality checks
– Through emails not so easy to read
– Through prayers for you– my blog friends. (I pray for you by name– all of you)
– Through reminders of loss
– Through conversations with my little sister…
– Through hours spent pacing over dust and rocks fighting darkness and finding light…
Here’s just an excerpt. Maybe the melody will never be published, I don’t know…
But I’ll always pray the prayer.
Water Your dreams my Lord,
with tears I shed
Feed hungry children Lord,
my promised bread
Send me to darkness Lord,
teach me to pray
Through fire or freezing cold,
I’ll smile and say–
. . .
Hope is my prison Lord,
love is my chain
If I can serve You Lord,
my loss is gain
I am a soldier Lord,
called by Thy name
Let me walk worthy Lord,
worthy of Your name…